You might also like:
Join 199 other subscribers
- Snake Snowflake Printable Template
- The Only Good Snake is a Dead Snake??? Of Course Not!
- LEAVE THEM WHERE THEY ARE! Don’t take wild animals home as pets, and don’t release pet animals into the wild.
- The Buddies Behind SnakeBuddies…. Who are they anyway?!?
- Discovery’s “Eaten Alive” – A New Low in Snake Documentaries
Category Archives: great basin rattlesnake
Is this Snake Venomous? What to Look for when Dealing with Snakes.
Despite the inherent fear that many people face, when a snake crosses their path, wildlife respecting people will often ask themselves, “How do I know if this snake is dangerous or harmless?” As snake conservationists, we appreciate and respect the people … Continue reading
Posted in coral snake, great basin rattlesnake, Ground Snake, harmless snakes, King Snake, Milk Snake, non-venomous, rattlesnake, Shovel-nose Snake, Snake Identification, Snake Quiz, Snakes, venomous Tagged Agkistrodon piscivorus, Copperhead, Coral snake, Cottonmouth, harmless vs. venomous snakes, Rattlesnake, Snake, Snake identification, snake safety, Venomous snake, Water Moccasin, Water Snake 94 Comments
Variability of the Great Basin Rattlesnake (Crotalus oreganus lutosus)
As a venomous snake fan, I’ve spent more than my share of time hiking, driving and poking around in the woods looking for rattlesnakes. As a kid, I always hoped one day that I might be seen, on at least … Continue reading